performing @ butter bakery café
music / readings / performance
contact: Dan Swenson-Klatt
butter bakery café is a neighborhood coffee shop offering an opportunity for performance or background atmosphere
we wish to support local (minneapolis / tc area) artists, and especially those sharing our vision of creating a more just and sustainable society through community building.
we offer a limited entertainment venue – there is no shop-wide amplification / band size limited to 5 – we do have a small PA system available for assistance with vocals/acoustic instruments – we do allow electronic keyboards.
a two hour time slot is available Mon – Friday evenings from 6 to 8 pm or weekend afternoons 2 to 4 pm – we are willing to adjust to fit your schedule.
the shop is open during this time – a distraction-free environment is not likely --
during warm weather months we can help you set up outside on our front patio for a sidewalk performance if you'd like
butter bakery café does not purchase music licensing from BMI/ASCAP/MAFIA/SESAC so musicians should only play their own, public domain material, or those you have permission to play.
while butter is not able to provide compensation, you may collect tips and we start the jar with $15 per musician - you may sell your own materials / promote upcoming paid events. you can expect to be treated to beverages and food from the shop because we like to share our talents also – come early for a meal - leave with an eclair!
you may book performances 1 day to 1 year in advance: to book we would like you to:
1. register your self /group with butter bakery café by sending contact information (or use this form)
2. send a link to an online sample if you have one
3. we appreciate any notes regarding availability or preferred dates!
once we confirm your booking in writing (email / letter)
1. acknowledge this booking in writing (email / letter)
2. please include the event in your social media / events calendar and please send us a link so we can connect to your promotions and send promotional information / posters / or anything else you think would help us promote your event!