During the fall of 2012 we held a fundraiser to assist with this major move and construction project. While our Kickstarter Project helped us complete a large number of projects, it didn’t go the whole way. There were a few pieces of the design that needed to be put on hold…and are beyond what can be considered my normal operating funds. And like any construction project - the costs went over budget and those costs became another loan for me to pay off.
With the Support of Sunrise Bank, I was able to secure an SBA loan in 2016 to begin to complete our final projects. This was a big investment and committed me to this space for the next 10 years. Helping me pay down this loan will make the next years even more stable and allow Butter to continue to grow. Can you give a donation to help reduce our debt load?
Here’s what’s left on my list. Can you help out? PRINT OUT A GIFT FORM here.
If you missed a chance to be a community supporter earlier here's your chance. Stop by the shop and talk with Dan about a way to share your gifts of time, talent, or financial support! Every little bit helps (and will be acknowledged / rewarded)!
1. outdoor bench(1) from a local crafts person... (we’ve been given permission to create a seating area on the north side!) ($500) - let's get another!
2. Edible landscaping – we would like to add berries and other fruits to our outdoor space (to harvest for use in the shop!) (even a donation to MN GREEN $55 could help us with resources). We're also aiming to put in more native grasses along our front boulevard...
3. Our Bike Repair Station -needs another $60 so we can repair the tool cables that were damaged the summer of 2017.
4. A BEE HOTEL for our pollinator garden worker bees...would you like to build us one? We do have a design in mind.
5. A second espresso grinder to dedicate to decaf espresso grinding. Are you an espresso lover? Get espresso shots for life with a donation that lets us purchase this equipment ($250-$300)
6. While it’s not as glamorous, paying off debts is really the most helpful. Our margins are always slim, and cash flow that is used for debt leaves us no room for bumps in the road (or highway on-ramp detours). Your contribution to our heavy load, lightens our days at the cafe.