Employment opportunities at Butter
Butter Bakery Cafe is now an 11 year old restaurant and bakery in Southwest Minneapolis, devoted to building stronger and more sustainable communities through great food. Our business is a team effort – a small batch, from scratch bakery and kitchen, and a stellar cafe staff who know how to turn out great coffee drinks and take care of our customers.
Our staff come to work each day to build community, educate, learn, and lead by example. We create high quality products that will leave the world a better place. We are deeply engaged with our regular customers and our wider neighborhoods, as well as with our youth internship program. We offer a meal plan, staff discounts, training and development opportunities, and flexible scheduling.
Sound like a good fit? Read on!
What we're looking for
Qualified applicants will have:
- previous experience working in food service or hospitality
- a flexible schedule
- ability to work quickly, shift to new tasks efficiently, and take initiative
- ability to work on your feet for extended periods and lift up to 50 lbs
- strong work ethic
- a friendly, professional, and positive presence and attitude
- excellent communication and organization skills
- strong references
- an attention to detail and neatness
- willingness to learn, coach, and develop new skills
- readiness to work on a team and collaborate with co-workers
Our strongest applicants will also have some of these traits:
- familiarity with the Kingfield neighborhood, Lyndale neighborhood, Bryant neighborhood, and/or South Minneapolis
- commitment to long term growth with our business and community
- passion for and experience with the local food economy and independent businesses
- skills in teaching and coaching youth
- strong knowledge in food safety or ServeSafe certified
- culinary degree (kitchen and bakery positions)